Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been lurking around this board for years besides that since I just got back from Tanaku Lodge in Elfin Cove last Thursday. I can tell you the fishing seamed a little slow but still managed to catch a limit of King's for the four of us plus plenty of nice flatties limits of Ling Cod and yellow eyes not to mention various other bottom dewellers.

I'll post some of the pics in the Alaska section latter.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Returned yesterday from Sitka. Fourth year at Kingfisher Lodge. Fished Mon., Tues.,and Wed. Monday was slow for the whole fleet. No Kings for the 4 on my boat, limits of chickens and 1 85 pounder with limits of yelloweye and several big lings C&R'd. Tues. was better fishing all around but slow copared to previous years. One king, 1 coho, limits of halibut to 65 lbs., and more lings and yelloweye C&R'd. Wed brought us limits of kings, 1 coho, and limits of chickens. Comercial fisherman say king fishing this year is off 30 to 50% from previous years; many hope they are just late! Boats, captains, staff, and food were once again stellar at Kingfisher Lodge. Be back next year. bosco

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a trip planned for mid August right after ling season opens again. I am also staying with King Fisher and I am trying to anticipate what the fishing and weather conditions might be like.
Thank you for any input.

Tom

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
albie1 said:
I've been lurking around this board for years besides that since I just got back from Tanaku Lodge in Elfin Cove last Thursday. I can tell you the fishing seamed a little slow but still managed to catch a limit of King's for the four of us plus plenty of nice flatties limits of Ling Cod and yellow eyes not to mention various other bottom dewellers.

I'll post some of the pics in the Alaska section latter.
Welcome to allcoast!!!:tu::tu::tu:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got back from Sitka. The salmon fishing is slow. The water is still cold at 44-45 degrees. The locals don't know if this is the reason or if they're going to have a lousy return this year.
We stayed at the Totem Square Hotel, a good place, and our guide, Luke from Reel Class Charters picked us up at the dock at the hotel.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just got an email from our friends Dave and Leslie, who own the Alaska fishing lodges:
Angel Haven Lodge/McDougall Lodge/Talstar Lodge/Talaview Lodge/Talvista Lodge

They told me today that:
"We are right in the middle of King Salmon season. Busier than heck!! Fish were 2 weeks late. Was kind of scary, but they are here now!!"

It is sad and alarming that the west coast salmon run collapsed, it may be the end of an era, but let's hope it bounces back quickly.

If anyone is interested, "Big Dave's" lodges all have websites:
www.angelhavenlodge.com
www.mcdougalllodge.com
www.talstarlodge.com
www.talaviewlodge.com
www.talvistalodge.com

You know what Alaska lodge owners do in the winter? Come fishing with us in Costa Rica! If you do book, tell 'em Capt. Ron in Costa Rica says hi!

Leann
Capt. Ron's Lake Arenal Fishing Tours
Nuevo Arenal, Costa Rica

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.