All Coast banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help us here guys.

Jenny and I are on the "new" TYEE having cocktails and trying to figure out what that really good white sea bass fishing spot is down south of Ensenada. Jenny insists that it's not Colonet, nor San Quinten, but the name starts with a "C". Whatever.

Anyone know what the heck spot we're talking about?

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
It start's with a "C"? Oh Ali, don't leave your self so "Wideopen!" ;-) Tell us about the "New" Tyee! What's the weather like down there?? Gettem!!! Bill

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Is this new Tyee going to have a stay outside of the US for obvious reasons? I see PV in your future!

Congrats and have fun.

·
Registered
228 Posts
"G" spot. (pun intended)

The place your thinking of is probably Camalu. You pretty much have to fish from boat there. Can be pretty good though.

The "G" spot is farther south and is the absoulute best seabasss fishing if conditions are right. I've seen fish to 65# and caught to 50#.(weighed on a meat scale) And this is from the surf. Also the #'s of fish can be astounding. Myself and 2 others caught 40 + fish on one tide.

A friend swung in there with his boat on the way to Cabo a few years ago and caught a few but he couldn't get the boat safely inside the rocks.

"G" is the hint. The spot is "several" miles from there on a sometimes not very good dirt road. That's all I can say or I would be "blackballed" for life.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jenny says "no!" to all your answers. I have no clue what she's talking about, but Jenny is psychotic about finding the name of this place that starts with a "C". Help me, please. She won't leave the boat until she figures it out...or sobers up.

Can you say OCD?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"CAMALU" That's it! You win the prize... winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Yes, I can see how you would confuse that with the "G" spot. I think all you guys should establish a new waypoint on your chartplotters.

And, thank you, I finally can get rid of Jenny....

·
Registered
242 Posts
I am leaving with the new boat for the San Quintin area on the 3rd, and there are a couple of spots that start with a "C"..... Punta Cabras, Punta China, Punta San Carlos & Castro's camp.

Punta Baja or Bahia Del Rosario kelp beds have always been a good spot for WS, but most so cal private boaters can't reach them by water.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Guys,

Think a south of Camalu ... north of the "G" spot. Many good beach areas there that at the right time of the year and the right tide the C-bass fishing can be awesome from the beach.

Many special times down there in my distant past. One time we found no C-bass but hit one of the most crazy calico bites I have ever experienced from the beach

Cheers,

David Brandt
25' Grady White w/twin 200 Hondas
"EL Corazon"

"A tequila a day keeps the Prozac at bay"

Previously ... "Loca Loba" and the original "Cabin Boy"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts