All Coast banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there's still some yellowtail being caught at Catalina. Anyone know where?

We may be heading out there on Tuesday.

Thanks and merry Christmas!

Kurt

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I fished Eagle Rock today (Christmas Eve) and went 2 for 4. I was strictly using small to medium sized mackeral. I hope this helps.

Jeff
The Dalton Boys
21ft Parker

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
We'll be out from Wednesday through the New Years....Hoopin and Afishin while there on the Whaler while the Mama's and youngin's play on the big boat! Will report what we find via laptop the next day. Anyone else heading out?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I may be heading that way (pending the weather) on friday through the weekend or so. Let me know how the weather and fishin is going please. Happy holidays and have a safe new year!
Tony

·
Registered
838 Posts
We are heading over tommrow morning, but the wind picture has really changed in the last 24 hours, now they are calling for some heavy winds :( But we are still going , hopefully for some good hooping and fishing !

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi Bill... I see we must be neighbors in So_OC... checkout my post about going on Wed. with Tunaslam Cory... we plan on fishing the West End & Eagle... we'll try to catch you on channels you mentioned or do you have a cell phone to keep in touch?

Moonfish

·
Registered
576 Posts
launching tues morning hopeing to find squid then fish back side or eagle. on wed morning 72 will give a shout when we get there.WOW I just checked the weather wed looks bad. looks like its going to blow big time might have to cut my trip short.

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Watch the weather guys

Thanks for the info guys.

You people staying for a few days should keep an eye on the weather. Here's the local inside waters' forecast as of Christmas day:

.TONIGHT...W WIND 10 KT IN THE EVENING...BECOMING VARIABLE 10 KT OR LESS. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 3 TO 5 FT AT 13 SECONDS.

.TUE...W WIND 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 3 TO 5 FT AT 15 SECONDS. .TUE NIGHT...W WIND 10 KT...BECOMING SW AFTER MIDNIGHT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 3 FT. W SWELL 3 TO 5 FT AT 13 SECONDS. SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE EVENING...THEN CHANCE OF RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.WED...W WIND 15 TO 25 KT. COMBINED SEAS 5 TO 7 FT. RAIN LIKELY. SLIGHT CHANCE OF TSTMS IN THE AFTERNOON. .WED NIGHT...W WIND 15 TO 25 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 35 KT... BECOMING NW 10 TO 15 KT WITH OCCASIONAL GUSTS TO 25 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. COMBINED SEAS 5 TO 7 FT. SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE EVENING.

THU...NW WIND 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING N 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 6 TO 8 FT...SUBSIDING TO 4 TO 6 FT.

FRI...NE WIND 10 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT. W SWELL 3 TO 5 FT... SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 3 FT. .SAT...N WIND 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING NE. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 3 TO 5 FT.

Hope you all are having a great Christmas and be safe you knuckleheads.

Boatless in Diamond Bar Kman.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
RE: Watch the weather guys

I hope you boys nail the tails tomorrow on the rubber ducky. Kurt, I need some of your sweet leadheads. Please PM your phone number so I can get some in time for the Wallbanger. Thanks.......Rich on TAXFREE

·
Registered
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RE: Watch the weather guys

>We are postponing till Thursday now!

Better stay out of Avalon. Here is the LA forecast. Looks like a decent Santa Ana.

Snip

Thursday: Very windy. Areas of north to northeast winds 35 to 45 mph with local gusts over 70 mph possible below passes and canyons...strongest in san fernando valley. Winds diminishing some in the afternoon. Partly cloudy in the morning...then clearing. Highs in the lower 60s.

/Snip

Oh, we found the yellers :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts