All Coast banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
>Where's the chair?????????

Hey, Ali-you mean this chair, right?

Sorry Rob, but:

Otherwise, I think that's a great picture of me & my DH buddy's!!!

Good to see you Roger.

Rob

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
You're KILLIN' me Ali...JUST KILLIN' ME :)!!! LOL!!!

Believe me...these guys need no encouragement to bust this thing out one more time!!! It's like a gunfight as between Firstwatch, RobE and Wideopen to post it :). Ah well...with friends like these....

Roger - great to see you. I'm serious...I want my hooping debut to be a trip with you diving and planting huge bugs in the hoops. Then I'll declare hooping to be a no-brainer and retire my hoops after one trip.

Everybody should stop by John King's Afishinados booth (where that pic is obviously). He's got some great stuff and he and Karen are too much fun to hang with. He's got the Capture The Flag tournament sign up going again. Month long tourney for our six premier local species (WSB, YT, Calico, Barrie, Bones, Butts). Lots of fun. Met RazNKane at the show who threw down the challenge and is entering! I hate to say it but defending my sidepot crown...could get ugly. Particularly if a "real stick" like Sternhog enters. Was good to see Mike aka Sternhog at the Show...he was looking real focused over at the Davis Boats booth....

Met lots of friends at the show and also connected lots of faces with "on-line" folks. As always, it was a blast to hang with my Team DH buddies!

Saw Josh Temple at the show...he's building an empire and deserves to do it as hard as he works. He said my 239lb YFT was the last cow they had although they've picked up good 150lb plus fish lately.

It was a GREAT time but I didn't really focus on the show itself. Maybe will have to get back there this weekend.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hey Rodger!!!

Hope all is well man. Haven't talked with you in awhile. Last time was when you got back from those Abalone up north. Glad that wasn't you that got sideswiped by the Grey suit.

Best regards,

Hoss
Team 976-Tuna
Planning Commissioner
Carson, CA

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Doing it right.....

Rob,

Now we all know that Marlin fishing can have those long periods of nothing, only to be broken by the wild calamity of riggers popping and reels screaming. As such, seasoned Marlineers have honed themselves to draw their sleep with one eye open... alert to the smallest sound that might be out of place.

For example, here's one of S. Cal's top Marlineers at the Bisbee, alert to the slightest sound of a camera shutter click...

Note, although he may be good...., I think his past successes have gone to his head..., as he's obviously signaling to me that he's number one.... :)

Now THAT's how you do it.... :) :)

Cheers, Bill

â??If your not part of the solution... you're part of the problem"

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Afishinado expands operations.....

Actually, I'm not really sure who they are....

They do look familar though.... :)

Will the real John stand up?... or is that stand down?? :)

Cheers, Bill

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
RE: Afishinado expands operations.....

First off...I'M LOVIN' THAT SHOT OF MY GOOD BUDDY!!!!!! NOW THAT'S A PHOTO!!!! LOL!!! Got that link saved for future reference!!!

Second...photoshop capabilities in the hands of Larkin is a threat to world order. He must be stopped. Time to send in the troops!!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

Okay, okay; let's clarify something here. The captain of the team and the boat gave me clear instructions that the type of fishing we were doing was NOT visual, therefore, there was no need for a set of finely tuned eyes in the glasses.

Nevertheless, because I knew that at any moment I could be called upon to serve my team, I decided to maintain my eagle eyes by practicing the age-old tradition of looking through my eyelids....apparently, it worked, otherwise, I could not have known of Mr. Larkin's antics and would not have been able to give him the BD salute when he appeared with the camera.

That's working for you......right?

Rob

·
Registered
5,533 Posts

As we all know, Mr. Larkin is quick with the camera to pick our weakest moments....insert Rob's picture here:

However, Blue Marlin fishing is far from non-visual! I agree that looking for fin's and fish is not productive, however as we do in Kona, watching the lures and the fish coming into them is critical as to how you get them hooked! I have seen Blues on the surface free swimming, but not often! Again, love the chance to put Rob W's infamous pic up! :D

·
Registered
8,345 Posts

The Oracle in counsultation with Afishinado Pro-staffers...

Cheers, Bill

·
Registered
217 Posts

I have to admit I had a good belly laugh when I realized that my head had transmogrified into the four amigos, unfortunately, when I checked I still had my own wallet.

·
Registered
217 Posts

>However, Blue Marlin fishing is far from non-visual! I agree
>that looking for fin's and fish is not productive, however as
>we do in Kona, watching the lures and the fish coming into
>them is critical as to how you get them hooked!

As much as I hate to do this, I have to defend Rob on this one. We were fishing live bait at the time and once the baits are set up, I prefer to have my crack crew practice using visualizations. I think Rob had just gone into the cabin to put his game face on.

·
Registered
8,345 Posts

Bill,

Get off the key board and get on the road..... The boat's leaving at 6:30am and you still need to do shopping... :)

That said, I better get going as well.... :)

John, (others)....

Actually, the picture was taken the day after the Bisbees when we went around the tip to the Golden Gate area. Rob E. was on his toes throughout the tourney, more so because John was getting frisky, but I'll save that pic for another day... :)

Cheers, Bill

1 - 20 of 33 Posts