All Coast banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been, so I decided I should show up this year.
Let me know. I will need to make the rounds.
When do I need to get there to get a can?

KP

See ya on the water

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
I am tentatively going.

I missed last year for the first time in about 3-4 years. Attendance seems to be slipping a bit, probably due to the cost of fuel. I have been arriving on Friday and there is no problem getting a mooring. Actually, if you are below about a 26 foot boat, they will put you on the string line, which we kinda like. Close to the dinghy dock and you can see alot of the action on land.

I did notice the last year that I went that you could have arrived on Saturday by about 10am and still have gotten a mooring/string line assignment.

Heard they had started becoming strict about leaving the general dance area with alcohol and some weirdness about guns and swords, too.

What the hell good is a pyrate without a gun and a sword??

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
As the good Captain said, the string line if you are under 26' is a good option, if over, then get there by Thursday. We will miss this year due to a wedding we will be attending......that's ok, my liver will have to take a break! Enjoy, and be prepared for the crowds!
PS: I don't believe fuel prices have anything to do with it!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK I will plan on Taking Fiday off and hanging on the string.
Here is my question. I would hait to wast the opertunity to blow the day fishing around the island. Will I be able to get a spot, leave my dingy to save my spotand come back in the afternoon?

KP
20' Skippy Topless

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
When they issue you a spot on the string line, it is only yours. It has an assigned number and everything. Dont even need to leave the dinghy there.

Of course, some pyrate could come along and poach it from you, I guess.

What kind of boat will you be on, Karlow? Are you leaving from DP? We are going over on Friday AM, probably around 7AM.

Oops, just noticed you added you boat to the post.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
If you pay for the whole weekend you're usually ok coming and going if you leave your dingy in your spot. If I'm going fishing or diving (especially at night) I usually tell them when I check in that I will be coming and going. It never hurts to hail them and let them know your heading out to fish/dive but will be back as well.

I usually head over on Wed or Thur. Feel free to stop by and say ARRRRR.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm planing to make the jump first thing Friday from Davies in my little Skippy. So look for Topless, and dress accordingly My mates Arrrg.
I guess that should be my ladies.

Diving?,
I can dive, but I don't have a partner and I was not planing on bring my gear. I only have so much space on my twenty footer. Any strays out there? That would severly limit my partying. Life is about choices Beers and babes, or cold water and bugs?

Arrrg

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RE: buc days

I had a great time hooping with you guys on Friday (Captin-hook, & Noworries)! How was your ride back? My radio went on the blink on Sat while I was out fishing. Yea that's right the thing just started to blink who know that ever happened! The last thing I heard was a small craft warrning for the inner waters on Chn 72! So Sunday Morning I packed up and left first thing! My hand held picked up the Small craft advisery for Sunday through midnight 20-25 knot winds...
The ride back was great comparied to the ride in on Friday.
24 knots, the wind and the seas were starting to build a little. It was not clear, you could not see across the channel (that would be a bad sign). It was a litte crapy around Long Beach, but it always is! I didn't have any problem with flying off the top of swells like on Friday, just a little surfing. That's some party! Bring your party face and yer big guns!m Keep your powder dry!

Arrrg my maties
See ya on the water

1 - 13 of 13 Posts