Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
ragenflacher said:
I am sorry, I was not clear enough. I meant, how do you make the loop that is attached to the spectra on your reel.
sorry about that fellas
Are you wanting to put a "Spliced End Loop" in hollow spectra, or tie a Bimini Twist or Surgeon's Loop in solid spectra?

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
REK said:
The loop that uses the loop needle or needle systems.

The above is what the OG poster wrote, so I'm just guessing he's talking spliced loop. But then again...........

REK.
You're absolutely correct. Just wanted to verify the spectra as hollow for use of needles, latch needles, and/or wire loop pullers, which is what I use to make mine. I like the visual that Blackwater uses in their Tech Tips:

http://www.blackwaterinternationalinc.com/endloop.htm

·
Registered
948 Posts
Steve K said:
REK said:
The loop that uses the loop needle or needle systems.

The above is what the OG poster wrote, so I'm just guessing he's talking spliced loop. But then again...........

REK.
You're absolutely correct. Just wanted to verify the spectra as hollow for use of needles, latch needles, and/or wire loop pullers, which is what I use to make mine. I like the visual that Blackwater uses in their Tech Tips:

http://www.blackwaterinternationalinc.com/endloop.htm
Is this the link that rags refers to as the sixteen step process? @(
Does anybody have the "flip" method on file to post up? The one where all you need is a doubled wire.

REK.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
REK said:
Is this the link that rags refers to as the sixteen step process? @(
Does anybody have the "flip" method on file to post up? The one where all you need is a doubled wire.

REK.
Let's ask Basil, he knows about all there is to know. Seems like I've seen some hand written diagrams showing the flip.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ok I'll post up the same verbal instructions I got a few years ago for th "Jerry Brown Flip". No photos or drawings. Ya just gotta trust:
4ft 27# single strand wire
double and squeeze the 'tip' not too much or it will break
pull a few feet of line off the reel
12"+ from the tag end go in thru the side and push the doubled wire towards the reel 12" or so
out thru the side and pull the wire 3-4" out
open the wire you just pushed out and pass the tag end of the spectra and the wire ends thru this loop
pull them all the way thru until the wire sort of 'flips'
now just pull the wire back out the way it went in and pull until the spectra goes inside out
now all you have to do is bury the tag end in the main line

practice this a few times and it becomes really easy

I'd much rather just do a splice in myself.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I taught the wire-flip method of making a spliced end loop in my seminars over the winter, and one of the anglers put together a picture tutorial. It may appear to have 16 steps, but in reality there are only 5. Here's the link:

http://www.thehulltruth.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=181716&posts=9

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.