Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my letter today that "Team Freespool" is team #21. I'll have my A team on board for this. I'll have the "Veteran Angler" Glenn, My brother Scott, and #1 hot stick Marc.
Who else is in?? There is some pretty nice prizes in the tourney too! Last year Glenn won a new camper shell for his pickup.

I plan to prefish a few days earlier on the Rail Time......:) Can't hurt!

Bent Rods and good luck to all!

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Go get'em Mike. I like your chances and pre-fishing on the Railtime will only make you that much more on your game.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mike, sounds like a good game plan. Itâ??s hard for us weekend warriors to do things like that. I am still waiting for a buddy to round out my team before I commit with the cash. Were just doing this for fun I donâ??t really expect to win anything. Iâ??ve wanted to fish in these for a while so I guess now is as good a time as any to give it a try.

Is this strictly a team event? Biggest fish per boat or what? I havenâ??t been able to find any info. Thanks,

·
Registered
512 Posts
Thank you Rob, yes it was. Mark did a great job on the windless install. Absolutely first class all the way. My arms FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL way better already.

Mark if you read this, you left a roll of battery cable in my boat. I will have to figure a way to get it back to you.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
>Mike, sounds like a good game plan. Itâ??s hard for us weekend
>warriors to do things like that. I am still waiting for a
>buddy to round out my team before I commit with the cash. Were
>just doing this for fun I donâ??t really expect to win anything.
>Iâ??ve wanted to fish in these for a while so I guess now is as
>good a time as any to give it a try.
>
>Is this strictly a team event? Biggest fish per boat or what?
>I havenâ??t been able to find any info. Thanks,
>

Hey John,
You should sign up....it's a great event and a lot of fun...plus a lot of raffle prizes to be won and a nice bbq lunch is included before you start fishing on Saturday May 20th around 4pm. It is a team event and you weigh in your biggest WSB and Halibut only. Weigh in is by Noon Sunday May 21st....then the awards ceremony follows. Lots of cash and prizes. Entry is $400 per 3 or 4 man team.

Call Kit McNear at Western Outdoor News, 949-366-0030 ext 27 for more info and to sign up.

Good Luck and I hope to see everyone there!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
>See you out there Mike.
>Gotta title to defend :)
>
>Josh

Hey Josh......I'm following you this year!! :)

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Nice meeting you at the shop John and you do have a realy nice ride. I'm sure you'll enjoy that windless. Also, I'm trying to get a hold of Mark this morning to see about my hrs for tomorrow (hoping to be able to do a turnaround Cat trip this afternoon thru the gray tomorrow) and I'll let him know about the cable.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hope some new squid shows up...and some fish.....or this will be one slow tourney!!
I'm gonna line up some nice frozen...just in case!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey Mike, I can't fish it, I will be in Mexico fishing a marlin tournament, but we are donating some Capture Flags as raffle prizes and will have our Capture the Flag sign up brochures in the bags. Tell the guys who fish it about our tournament. I do have a bit of dope you might want for the tournament. Give me a cell call or an e-mail.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
"I do have a bit of dope you might want for the tournament. Give me a cell call or an e-mail."
Don't forget to bring these!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Just got my letter also. Team Horndog is #46. We will be heading out Friday evening sometime. Lets hope the squid are around and cooperate. Good luck everyone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts