Coastal Fishing Forums: AllCoast banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Kid,

I had a guy that would come out to the house and do it. Now I can't seem to reach him. I have started to do my own maintenance. I am still trying to find the oil filters for my F150,s. I live in San Pedro also, so maybe we can get a handle on this and make it work for us both. I will keep an eye on this post to see what others are doing also.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Audiff Marine in Costa Mesa. Nothing fancy, but honest and does good timely work, at least in my experience.

Also has a ton of used parts for the costly jobs, like when our lower unit cowl cracked, OEM from Yamaha was gonna be like 2K installed, got it done there with a rebuilt used lower for 25% of that with a complete season service tossed in.

Can't find the number right now, will post after kids go to bed.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jim, this is the first Yamaha I've owned after 22 years of OMC's so I'm anxious to learn about Yamahas!

I thought Mike Clark was back in charge at Clarks Marine but a phone call today to Clarks Marine proved he's not!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey Kid. I would second two of the above recommendations from personal experiance with both. Maurer Marine is excellent and has a five star rating from Yamaha so all work keeps your warranty in effect. Roth at Audiss marine is an awesome mechanic and did all the work on my older 130's and was able to deal with everything I broke quickly and very fairly. Again, these two options are excellent choices. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
For the past 15 years or so I have used Mark from Mark's Marine Service in Costa mesa/Newport Beach. 949-510-7260.

Mark is good friends with Mike Clark & Gonzalo @ Maurer's. The good guys know each other and refer work back and forth depending on the job. Mark is mobile, but seems to be swamped with electronics installs at this time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts